- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 weeks ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 1 month ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 1 month ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 1 month ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 1 month ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 1 month ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 1 month ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 1 month ago
PaPiRus Zero – ePaper / eInk Screen pHAT for Pi Zero
We wrote about the first eInk display for Raspberry Pi released by Pi-supply on Kickstarter one year ago. Awesome creation, but now the new launch of a dedicated e-ink HAT for the newborn Pi Zero is showing big selling numbers!
Since the launch of the original PaPiRus on Kickstarter, we’ve come to realise how popular ePaper screens HATs are for hobbyists and makers. This has led to the development of PaPiRus Zero for the Pi Zero.
ePaper is a display technology that mimics the appearance of ink on normal paper. eUnlike conventional displays, ePaper reflects light – just like ordinary paper – and is capable of holding text and images indefinitely, even without electricity. Because of this, ePaper displays and single board computers or microcontrollers are a match made in heaven as together they use a very small amount of power whilst still bringing a display to your project.
The ePaper display that comes as standard with PaPiRus Zero is a 1.44″ diagonal and 128 x 96 resolution ePaper display.
You can make many projects with Pi Zero and its e-ink display, like this smart meter by Frederick Van Den Bosch.