- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 days ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
Door alarm system with Raspberry Pi
In this project we will see how to use Home Assistant software to create an intrusion alarm system for your home. The system will basically detect if the door is opened without authorization and then send a notification to your smartphone. We will use a magnet with a reed switch to determine if the door is open or closed.
So we will see how to use a Raspberry Pi and an ESP8266 Wi-Fi module; the first acts as a server that connects to the router and acts as a bridge for the ESP8266 and the interaction devices such as the computer or smartphone. The structure that contains the Wi-Fi module and the reed switch sensor is 3D printed and the model is available.