- Building a 3D Digital Clock with ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a controller for Minecraft with realistic body movements using ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Snowflake with ArduinoPosted 3 months ago
- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 3 months ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 4 months ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 4 months ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 4 months ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 5 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 5 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 5 months ago
Creating a controller for Minecraft with realistic body movements using Arduino
Project of a controller that maps body movements and reproduces them in the game Minecraft to achieve a low-cost augmented reality-like experience.
Unlike many other controllers of this type, this device also reproduces realistic walking in the game, where every meter walked in real life corresponds to a meter walked in Minecraft.
The device uses force sensors attached to the feet to detect steps and an IMU MPU-6050 to measure rotational movements.
An Arduino MKR microcontroller, acting as a keyboard and mouse, allows pressing the corresponding keys based on the sensor measurements.
It also includes mechanical keyboard switches for more difficult movements to map in real life, such as hitting and breaking.
Check out the project in this video!