- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 11 hours ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 14 hours ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 1 day ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 2 days ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 2 days ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 3 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 4 days ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 week ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 1 week ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
Updates from the 3Drag 3dprinting contest: Karl Seiss’s Hack
Karl Seiss from Austria made a very clever hack to a K8200 3DRag printer, turning it into a CNC drilling and milling machine. We didn’t receive from the author many details, anyway it used Proxxon long shaft drills to have a highly reliable and powerful tool. Moreover, Karl built by himself also a “vacuum support” to fix the part to be milled in a very stable way.
Of course, the printer is “double-face” and it is relatively fast to turn it again into a 3D FDM printer.
You can still provide your submission to our 3D Contest!