- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 4 days ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 1 week ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 1 month ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 1 month ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 1 month ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 1 month ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 1 month ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 1 month ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 1 month ago
OpenSolo Initiative: 3DR Open Sourced its SoloLink codebase to the World
We spoke about the integration of 3DR’s Site Scan software platform with DJI drones just a week ago.
Now it’s time to introduce you the new Opensolo Initiative: essentially, 3DR has released its SoloLink codebase to the world, for free. By making this vast ocean of resources readily available to the open source community, 3DR has opened up a whole new world of opportunities.
Created by the Ardupilot Team, this recent generous venture allows users to build upon a really solid foundation of code, and to modify their hearts out to refine and perfect every aspect they deem requires attention (including the controller). Here’s what the press release lists is available on OpenSolo’s GitHub page of resources:
solo-builder – scripts for configuring a virtual machine to build the Solo software
meta-3dr – the build recipes that assemble the complete Linux system for the Solo and Controller i.MX6 processors.
shotmanager – implementation of Solo’s Smart Shots.
sololink – 3DR software that runs on the i.MX6 processors, implementing things like video streaming, control, telemetry, pairing, logging, etc.
artoo – firmware for the STM32 microcontroller in the controller responsible for the inputs and screen.
solo-gimbal (coming soon) – firmware for the microcontrollers in the Solo Gimbal
OpenSolo is an entirely volunteer-driven team of capable fans and enthusiasts. The ArduPilot Developer Team is leading the charge right now, but they’re very much appreciative and grateful for all those who choose to help build new opportunities.