- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 1 week ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
More vendors join Facebook’s open hardware project
The companies believe a collaborative model will enable faster innovation, creating more efficient and scalable hardware.
Similar to open source software, the open source hardware movement encourages crowdsourcing and collaboration, opening the door for faster advancements.
- Facebook is leading a new vendor collaboration project to build low-cost computing hardware and collaborate on designs of data center products.
- Called the Open Compute Project, the non-profit effort could eventually challenge traditional server, network and storage gear providers like Cisco and Juniper.
- Several telecom companies, including Verizon, AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, SK Telecom and Equinix recently joined the group, and will add designs for communication switches to the project.