- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 1 week ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 4 weeks ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 months ago
MakerPlane: Open Source Aviation!
Maker Plane wants to give you a high quality, reasonable cost plane using advanced personal manufacturing equipment such as CNC mills and 3D printers:
“We want more people to safely and quickly build and fly their own airplanes.”
MakerPlane Project Overview
MakerPlane is an open source aviation organization which will enable people to build and fly their own safe, high quality, reasonable cost plane using advanced personal manufacturing equipment such as CNC mills and 3D printers. Our projects include open source avionics software to enable state-of-the-art digital flight instruments and display capabilities.
Basically we are designing an aircraft that can be built on a computer controlled mill at home, or at a makerspace which is easy to assemble and quick to build. The plans and instructions will be available for free to anyone that wants them!
The general specifications for the first MakerPlane aircraft (v1.0) can be found on the MP 1.0 project page located in The Hangar Workshop. A direct link to the documents section is here: MP Documents
The guys are also campaigning on indiegogo! >> see here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/makerplane-v1-0-open-source-aircraft