- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 1 month ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 4 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 4 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 5 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 5 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 5 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 5 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 5 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 5 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 5 months ago
E-Ink tide and weather tracker
The idea of this project is to show the high and low tide times predicted for the day and a graph with the trend in the last 24 hours. In addition to this we also find basic meteorological data.
We use a Raspberry Pi (in this case Raspberry Pi ZeroW) as a microcontroller and an E-Ink display to show the information.
E-ink displays have several advantages: the first is that they are low energy; once the screen has been “written”, the image will remain even when the power is removed, so the device can enter sleep mode without the need to power the display. Secondly, this will probably be in a very sunny spot and you don’t need to worry about the brightness or glare on these types of screens.