- “Maker Faire Rome – The European edition” returns to the Gazometro OstiensePosted 1 month ago
- Single-chip saturation meterPosted 2 months ago
- Raspberry Pi Relay BoardPosted 3 months ago
- PCB CAD, A SELECTION GUIDEPosted 4 months ago
- Automatic dispenser for catsPosted 4 months ago
- Do you have a mask? RASPBERRY Pi SEES ITPosted 4 months ago
- RFID based Attendance system using Arduino and External EEPROMPosted 4 months ago
- ESP32 Neopixel Status Indicator and Sensor PCB Shield with Wi-Fi ManagerPosted 5 months ago
- Remote control power functions usbPosted 5 months ago
- ESP32-CAM with Telegram: Take Photos Control Outputs Sensor Readings and Motion NotificationsPosted 5 months ago
Arduino Range Measurer and Digital Spirit Level
“The device features an ultrasonic sensor for measuring the distance to the nearest object, an accelerometer for measuring the angle with respect to the ground, an LCD display for showing the results and a custom designed PCB on which all components are connected.”
Combining an ultrasonic sensor for range measurement and an accelerometer for measuring angles leads to a double advantage: it saves space, and allows the Arduino Nano onboard to use the two readings together to calculate a square area automatically. That is what the maker Dejan Nedelkovski of How To Mechatronics implemented in his project.
User interface consists of a power switch, along with a single button for program interaction and to choose between the different measurement routines. Results are displayed on an LCD screen, and the electronics are encased in clear acrylic for visibility.
All you need for this project is:
- Ultrasonic Sensor HC-SR04
- MPU6050 3 Axis Gyroscope Accelerometer
- 16×2 Character LCD
- Arduino Nano
Code, schematics and the full tutorial are available at howtomechatronics.com.