- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 3 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 4 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 4 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 4 months ago
Arduino Range Measurer and Digital Spirit Level
“The device features an ultrasonic sensor for measuring the distance to the nearest object, an accelerometer for measuring the angle with respect to the ground, an LCD display for showing the results and a custom designed PCB on which all components are connected.”
Combining an ultrasonic sensor for range measurement and an accelerometer for measuring angles leads to a double advantage: it saves space, and allows the Arduino Nano onboard to use the two readings together to calculate a square area automatically. That is what the maker Dejan Nedelkovski of How To Mechatronics implemented in his project.
User interface consists of a power switch, along with a single button for program interaction and to choose between the different measurement routines. Results are displayed on an LCD screen, and the electronics are encased in clear acrylic for visibility.
All you need for this project is:
- Ultrasonic Sensor HC-SR04
- MPU6050 3 Axis Gyroscope Accelerometer
- 16×2 Character LCD
- Arduino Nano
Code, schematics and the full tutorial are available at howtomechatronics.com.