- Building a 3D Digital Clock with ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a controller for Minecraft with realistic body movements using ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Snowflake with ArduinoPosted 3 months ago
- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 3 months ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 months ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 4 months ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 4 months ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 5 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 5 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 5 months ago
Arduino based USB MIDI controller
If you are a music composer, or just use your PC to record your musical instrument, you know how useful a MIDI controller can be in order to change certain parameters on the fly. Let’s see how to build one at home with potentiometers, buttons and an Arduino.
To use an Arduino as a MIDI controller you need a microcontroller with a native USB interface such as the ATMEGA32U4 present on Arduino Micro and Leonardo. It is also possible to do it using an Arduino Uno by modifying the firmware of the chip that deals with the USB-Serial conversion but the procedure is much more complicated.