- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 1 day ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 days ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 days ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 3 days ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 3 days ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 4 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 5 days ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 week ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 1 week ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
Kitchen becomes open source: Valcucine’s call for ideas launched
So we’re finally mature to see Open Source coming into new businesses.
This move from Valcucine is really promising and shows another time that often smaller brands are smarter than industry behemoths.
Valcucine and dotdotdot are making an open call-for-ideas around the theme of the ‘open source kitchen’. during milan design week 2014, the Valcucine showroom in the city’s brera district (corso garibaldi, 99) will be transformed into a brain-storming marathon, and incubator of ideas, where creatives will participate in reinterpreting the italian company’s meccanica system (of demode engineered by Valucine) by developing concepts for expanding the structure in the form of accessories, and add-on components, through digital fabrication and model making. the purpose of the workshop is to design new aesthetics and/or functional solutions that can be further explored through traditional handicraft traditions and/or technology, specifically for meccanica.