- Analyzing Semiconductor with a set of simple toolsPosted 1 week ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry Pi, second partPosted 2 weeks ago
- A RTC SHIELD for Arduino and Raspberry PiPosted 3 weeks ago
- A Car Battery Level Indicator that plugs in your cigar lighter socketPosted 4 weeks ago
- TORPEDO: an all-purpose switched-mode power supplyPosted 1 month ago
- The SEPIC switching convertersPosted 2 months ago
- Discover and Design innovative applications in Wireless Power with UsPosted 2 months ago
- Octopus, a “tentacular” shield for Arduino and FishinoPosted 2 months ago
- Keychainino: a programmable, playful Key RingPosted 2 months ago
- Let’s Build an open source Quadcopter – Part2Posted 3 months ago
Kitchen becomes open source: Valcucine’s call for ideas launched
So we’re finally mature to see Open Source coming into new businesses.
This move from Valcucine is really promising and shows another time that often smaller brands are smarter than industry behemoths.
Valcucine and dotdotdot are making an open call-for-ideas around the theme of the ‘open source kitchen’. during milan design week 2014, the Valcucine showroom in the city’s brera district (corso garibaldi, 99) will be transformed into a brain-storming marathon, and incubator of ideas, where creatives will participate in reinterpreting the italian company’s meccanica system (of demode engineered by Valucine) by developing concepts for expanding the structure in the form of accessories, and add-on components, through digital fabrication and model making. the purpose of the workshop is to design new aesthetics and/or functional solutions that can be further explored through traditional handicraft traditions and/or technology, specifically for meccanica.