- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 months ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 5 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 8 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 8 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 9 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 9 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 9 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 9 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 9 months ago
Windows 10 Running On A Raspberry Pi 3…Will It Work?
Dutch developer Bas Timmer revealed images of his Raspberry Pi 3 running Windows 10 just few days ago.
We are not talking about the cutdown Internet of Things version of the Windows 10 operating system, but the full version of Windows 10 desktop edition built for the compact computer’s ARM64 architecture..
Bas didn’t divulge all the details involved in installing and getting the Microsoft latest Windows 10 operating system on the mini PC but its definitely a move in the right direction.
Unfortunately, due to a lack of firmware support, only one core from the four within the Pi 3’s ARM Cortex-A53 can be utilised, and this core is being pushed to maximum constantly. An error message from the Windows installation on the Raspberry Pi mini PC published on Twitter seems to be caused by missing processor instructions rather than any incompatibility with the Raspberry Pi hardware.
Hopefully we won’t have to wait long until the small $35 computer is capable of running the Windows OS with a simple install process.
You can follow Bas via Twitter for any update.