- 2,8W Class D AmplifierPosted 3 days ago
- An Electronic LED Roulette you can self buildPosted 1 week ago
- An Open Source Sprinkler System powered by YúnPosted 2 weeks ago
- LED MATRIX: giant & stand-alone panelsPosted 3 weeks ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 month ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 month ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 2 months ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 2 months ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 months ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 months ago
What does your robot need? Maybe a BeagleBone Blu!
The BeagleBone Blue from BeagleBoard.org is a credit-card sized board with all the components needed to operate a robot or even a drone. It is open source, as its schematics have been published, and developers can replicate the board.
It has the components and software package needed to build medium-sized or small robots. It includes servo motors, electronic speed controllers, DC motor controllers, and sensors that aid in robot movement and sensing. It has the components needed to load and support a two-cell lithium-polymer battery.
ROS software sits on top of Debian Linux, and it’s the main OS supported by BeagleBone Blue.
About technical specification:
- Processor Octavo Systems OSD3358 1GHz ARM® Cortex-A8
- 512MB DDR3 RAM integrated
- Integrated power management
- 2×32-bit 200-MHz programmable real-time units (PRUs)
- ARM Cortex-M3
- On-board 4GB 8-bit eMMC flash storage programmed with Debian Linux
- Debian, ROS, Ardupilot, …
- Graphical programming, Cloud9 IDE on Node.js
- plus much more
Connectivity and sensors:
- Battery: 2-cell LiPo support with balancing, 9-18V charger input
- Wireless: 802.11bgn, Bluetooth 4.1 and BLE
- Motor control: 8 6V servo out, 4 DC motor out, 4 quadrature encoder in
- Sensors: 9 axis IMU, barometer
- Connectivity: HighSpeed USB 2.0 client and host
- User interface: 11 user programmable LEDs, 2 user programmable buttons
- Easy connect interfaces for adding additional sensors such as: GPS, DSM2 radio, UARTs, SPI, I2C, 1.8V analog, 3.3V GPIOs