- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
UDOO X86: 10x more powerful than RPi3 on Kickstarter now (and 4x funded!)
UDOO X86 is The Most Powerful Maker Board Ever, 10 times more powerful than Raspberry Pi 3, up to 4 GB of RAM, more than 2 GHz of clock, new 8th generation graphics engine by Intel…
UDOO X86 can drive three 4K screens at the same time, 2 Mini Display Port ++ and HDMI to unleash fanless 4K fury…
UDOO X86 mounts an Arduino 101-compatible microcontroller on board, with 6-axis motion sensors and Bluetooth Low Energy. UDOO X86 is also compatible with all Arduino shields, sensors and actuators, and it’s even 5V tolerant. And it just works with the official Arduino IDE.
UDOO X86 is compatible with Linux (any x86 distro), Android and… Windows. Yes, full Windows support (7, 8.1, 10). It doesn’t need dedicated software or OS: it just works with anything available for x86… What if we say that it runs Photoshop without effort?
Tons of resources already available from the PC and the Arduino domain;
Many storage options: Micro SD, 8 GB eMMC, SATA and M.2 Key B ports to attach your hard disk;
Multiboot and boot from everywhere;
Low power consumption: just 6 Watt for the processor and approximately 10 W as average under normal conditions.
It is based on Quad Core 64-bit new-generation x86 processors made by Intel®, designed for the PC domain. Prodigious processors concentrated in 14 nm, with an amount of energy consumption of 5 or 6 Watt.
The UDOO X86 embedds the newest Arduino™ 101, with all the upgrades – including 6-axis accelerometer and gyroscope and Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity.
The Arduino™-compatible platform onboard is connected with the main processor through an internal USB port.
In terms of software UDOO X86 is compatible with the official Arduino™ 101 IDE and with all the sketches, tutorials and resources available in the Arduino™ 101 community.
Speaking of hardware, UDOO X86 has the same pinout layout of Arduino™ 101. In other words, UDOO X86 is compatible with all Arduino™ 101-compatible shields, sensors and actuators.
The board operating voltage and I/O is 3.3V but all pins are also protected against 5V overvoltage.
- UDOO X86 can be used to program the Arduino™-compatible module directly with the standard Arduino™ IDE.
- But the ace in the hole of UDOO X86 is the communication between the Intel® Quad Core processor and the Arduino™-compatible plaform. The interconnection between the two systems is the distinctive feature of UDOO, and this time we have pushed this interaction even further. The board is designed to allow the Arduino™ 101-compatible microcontroller to run when the powerful CPU is powered off, and wake it up when something’s happened in the world. IoT gets easy.
Pingback: Mouser Now Offers The Powerful Open Source UDOO x86 SBC | Open Electronics