- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 1 week ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 4 weeks ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 months ago
Smart mirror with Raspberry Pi
In this project we will see how to make a low cost smart mirror from readily available parts.
It all relies on the use of a regular picture frame, and mirrored window film to turn the glass into a two way mirror. Then enclose a monitor in the frame and hide it behind the mirrored glass.
As far as the software is concerned, we use a Raspberry Pi (the MagicMirror program you have to upload is available). It is also possible to install Alexa in order to implement a voice assistant who can control home automation. Alexa and MagicMirror will then run simultaneously on the same Raspberry Pi (at about 25-50% of the CPU).