- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 4 hours ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 5 days ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 4 weeks ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 2 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 3 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 3 months ago
- LTspice inverter simulation with thermal effectsPosted 3 months ago
- AI in LEGO EV3 Maze-Driving RobotPosted 3 months ago
- Temperature predicting using boltiotPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
Raspberry Pi and OctoPrint monitor your 3D Printer in Real Time
3D printing enthusiasts looking for a way to monitor and control their 3D prints using a Raspberry Pi SBC may be interested in OctoPrint, a free open source software which is being created and is maintained by Gina Häußge.
Once installed onto your Raspberry Pi and connected to your 3D printer OctoPrint is capable of providing a wealth of new features and performs a multitude of useful 3D printing tasks including offering remote control, live video and data collection allowing you to tweak and easily monitor your prints in real time.
Features of OctoPrint include:
– Control and monitor every aspect of your 3D printer and your printing jobs right from within your browser.
– OctoPrint’s powerful plugin system allows extending its functionality with awesome plugins from the community.
– Free and open source software released under the Affero General Public License (AGPL).
– Access the embedded webcam feed and watch remotely how your printer is creating your newest thing.
– Get constant feedback regarding the current progress of your print job.
– Take a look at the integrated GCODE visualizer to see a rendition of the GCODE you are currently printing.
– Keep an eye on the temperatures of your hotends and print bed and adapt them on the fly.
– Move the print head along all axes, extrude, retract or just define your own custom controls.
– Start, stop or just pause your current print job, you are in full control at any time.
Watch the video below to learn more and see OctoPrint in action.