- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 2 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 3 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 3 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 3 months ago
Plate’s number recognition with Raspberry Pi
The recognition of vehicle number plates is a process as complex as it is necessary, used for example at motorway toll booths or to identify who violate traffic rules. Here we propose a Raspberry Pi-based system that automatically recognizes vehicle license plates using image processing.
The system features an HD camera with infrared sensor and an LCD display interfaced with a Raspberry Pi. It constantly processes the incoming camera footage to detect any trace of license plates. When it detects one, it extracts the part of interest from the image. It then processes the extracted image using OCR to obtain the license plate number which is displayed on the LCD.
We therefore propose a functional method using Raspberry Pi that can also be replicated at home to train with programming (in Python language) and at the same time obtain a valid product.