- How to make a custom shape PCB with EaglePosted 17 hours ago
- Squeal & ScrapePosted 20 hours ago
- Warming BandPosted 2 days ago
- How to Build Your Own Version of Lego Mindstorms With Arduino for ~ $100Posted 3 days ago
- DC Wattmeter Using Arduino Nano (0-16V/0-20A)Posted 4 days ago
- Making Your Own Photovoltaic 5V SystemPosted 6 days ago
- Sezme: a Memory Game for the ArduinoPosted 1 week ago
- Virtual arduino experimentPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tilt to TellPosted 2 weeks ago
- Nextion 3.5″ TFT LCD Digital Compass for ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
Plate’s number recognition with Raspberry Pi
The recognition of vehicle number plates is a process as complex as it is necessary, used for example at motorway toll booths or to identify who violate traffic rules. Here we propose a Raspberry Pi-based system that automatically recognizes vehicle license plates using image processing.
The system features an HD camera with infrared sensor and an LCD display interfaced with a Raspberry Pi. It constantly processes the incoming camera footage to detect any trace of license plates. When it detects one, it extracts the part of interest from the image. It then processes the extracted image using OCR to obtain the license plate number which is displayed on the LCD.
We therefore propose a functional method using Raspberry Pi that can also be replicated at home to train with programming (in Python language) and at the same time obtain a valid product.