- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 3 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 3 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 4 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 4 months ago
PiZ-UpTime – UPS and power mobility for Pi Zero and more
There are several UPS solutions for the Raspberry Pi on the market, but the latest Pi-Zero-UpTime (aka PiZ-UpTime) UPS boardfrom Alchemy Power looks particularly interesting since it comes in Raspberry Pi Zero size, relies on a standard 14500 Li-Ion battery, reports when battery level is low via GPIO 26, and works with an Raspberry Pi boards with a 40-pin header, as well as clones like Tinker Board, ROCK64, ODROID-C2, and others.
Thanks to the Lithium Ion 14500 battery in the PiZ-UpTime, the PiZ continues to operate when power fails or when the power plug is disconnected. The batteries are charged when power is available. When power fails, the necessary power is generated from the batteries by PiZ-UpTime to power the PiZ, the peripherals attached to it and provide UPS power to USB Power Out port. It also provides power to the Raspberry Pi header already soldered on it.
Key features of PiZ-UpTime:
- Works with Raspberry Pi Zero, Pi Zero W, and other 40-pin boards
- Battery Support
- Works with Lithium Ion 14500 (AA size) rechargeable battery
- Recommended battery capacity – 700 mAh to 2,000 mAh
- Includes battery management (BMS)
- On-board circuitry prevent over charging, deep discharging.
- Temperature monitor checks temperature
- Hard shutdown when battery runs dangerously low, protecting the battery.
- UPS – 5V out via 40-pin header or via micro USB for Pi-Zero without the header.
- Reset switch for rebooting the Pi, or an external reset switch can be connected
- GPIO 26 used to report low battery voltage.
- Status LEDs, which can be turned off to save power
- Dimensions – 65mm x 30mm x 18mm
- Weight – About 20 grams, for reference the battery adds around 30 grams
Sample software is provided to automatically shut down the Raspberry Pi when the battery is low.
More details can be found on Alchemy products page.