- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 5 days ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 3 months ago
Peeqo Is the World’s First Robot To Interact Through GIFs
Programmer and maker Abhishek Singh is currently running a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for Peeqo, the robot that responds in videos and GIFs. He launched the campaign for Peeqo February 12 after a pair of Reddit posts (here and here) detailing the robot’s development went viral over the past three years.
Peeqo is delivered as a kit for makers to build but is designed for three different levels of programmer – no interest in coding, beginning, and seasoned developer. The commitment to Open Source software and hardware with basic plans already available on github. Raspberry Pi 3/3B+ is the base for Peeqo but the campaign page states that as new boards are released by the Pi Foundation they will be compatible with the bot.
Peeqo is truly one of a kind and is designed with one thing in mind – to provide little moments of delight and entertainment to get you through your day.
You also get to build him yourself. Peeqo comes as an affordable and easy to assemble DIY kit suitable for people of all ages and skill levels, so you too can experience the joy of building and customizing your own robot.
A four inch in-plane switching screen helps for viewing from all angles, with two omni-directional microphones, a 5 Megapixel camera, two 3 Watt speakers, four programmable buttons, and an LED ring for discreet notifications.
Peeqo works with Google Cloud Speech, Amazon Voice Services, Snips, and open source alternatives like Jasper, Mycroft to provide voice detection. The robot also searches sites like Giphy, Guggy, Vlipsy to get the right GIFs and videos to display.