- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 5 days ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 3 months ago
ModBerry M500 is the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Based Automation Controller
Techbase announced the availability of a new version of its ModBerry M500 industrial control computer, which advances from the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B to the new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ SBC. The updated ModBerry M500 offers a more powerful, feature-rich alternative to the ModBerry 500, which is based on the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3.
The new model taps RPi 3 Model B+ enhancements including a faster 1.4GHz quad-core, Cortex-A53 SoC in the form of the Broadcom BCM2837B0, and a USB 2.0-based Gigabit Ethernet port with up to 300Mbps throughput instead of the earlier 10/100 port. The GbE port supports an upcoming Power-over-Ethernet add-on.
The wireless module has been upgraded to pre-certified model with a faster 802.11ac WiFi radio with dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz operation. Bluetooth has advanced from 4.1 to 4.2, once again with BLE support. The new SBC also provides improved heat dissipation.