- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 days ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 1 month ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 4 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 5 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 5 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 5 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 5 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 5 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 5 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 6 months ago
Maximize Your Open-Source 3D-Printer Performance
STMicroelectronics’ EVALSP820-XS motor-driver board brings industrial-control expertise to the RepRap Arduino Mega Pololu Shield (RAMPS) open-source 3D-printer platform, enabling 3D printer makers to unleash the full potential of their machines for faster printing and smoother surface finish.
The RAMPS modular platform is making Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) 3D printing accessible to makers, small businesses, and home users, for fast prototyping, making replacement parts, or education. The Arduino Mega 2560, or Arduino DUE, baseboard provides basic control, ready for users to plug-in their own choice of motor driver, extruder controller, and any other desired functions using Mega-compatible expansion shields.
As a plug-and-play expansion board, the EVALSP820-XS can drive RAMPS printers at higher speeds for greatly increased throughput ensuring superior smoothness with microstepping resolution from ½-step to 1/256-step per microstep.
Key to this giant leap in 3D-printing performance is the STSPIN820 stepper-driver IC. The STSPIN820 embeds high-speed motor-control input circuitry and algorithms developed for industrial applications.
The board can be used in other projects to accelerate development of smooth, high-speed stepper control for equipment such as surveillance-camera platforms, textile-manufacturing or sewing machines, medical devices, cash-handling machines, office and home automation, point-of-sale terminals, and robotics.
The EVALSP820-XS expansion board is available now for $6.90.