- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 4 hours ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 5 days ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 4 weeks ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 2 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 3 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 3 months ago
- LTspice inverter simulation with thermal effectsPosted 3 months ago
- AI in LEGO EV3 Maze-Driving RobotPosted 3 months ago
- Temperature predicting using boltiotPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
Maximize Your Open-Source 3D-Printer Performance
STMicroelectronics’ EVALSP820-XS motor-driver board brings industrial-control expertise to the RepRap Arduino Mega Pololu Shield (RAMPS) open-source 3D-printer platform, enabling 3D printer makers to unleash the full potential of their machines for faster printing and smoother surface finish.
The RAMPS modular platform is making Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) 3D printing accessible to makers, small businesses, and home users, for fast prototyping, making replacement parts, or education. The Arduino Mega 2560, or Arduino DUE, baseboard provides basic control, ready for users to plug-in their own choice of motor driver, extruder controller, and any other desired functions using Mega-compatible expansion shields.
As a plug-and-play expansion board, the EVALSP820-XS can drive RAMPS printers at higher speeds for greatly increased throughput ensuring superior smoothness with microstepping resolution from ½-step to 1/256-step per microstep.
Key to this giant leap in 3D-printing performance is the STSPIN820 stepper-driver IC. The STSPIN820 embeds high-speed motor-control input circuitry and algorithms developed for industrial applications.
The board can be used in other projects to accelerate development of smooth, high-speed stepper control for equipment such as surveillance-camera platforms, textile-manufacturing or sewing machines, medical devices, cash-handling machines, office and home automation, point-of-sale terminals, and robotics.
The EVALSP820-XS expansion board is available now for $6.90.