- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 months ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 5 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 8 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 8 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 9 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 9 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 9 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 9 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 9 months ago
Low Noise Rotors for the Whisper Drone
Annular Innovation has just launched a Kickstarter campaign for its innovative Whisper Drone. This new kind of machine, instead of the typical hive-like sound of drones, produces the whoosh of air passing through a vent.
“Hello Kickstarter community. My name is Derek Schwartz, founder of Annular Innovation, and I believe I have built a small remote-controlled prototype of what qualifies as a new kind of aircraft. What makes this aircraft special is the rotor it utilizes to produce the lift force necessary for flight. Instead of a propeller, it uses a ring-like rotor with tall vanes extending from the surface. The result is a craft which I think is counter-intuitive in that it doesn’t seem like it should fly, but it does. For this project, I would like to build a better version, and then send it out to backers as a reward tier.
The hope being that when it’s scaled up in size, this approach could be used to create large, quiet craft. Heavy-lift delivery drones could be made without generating helicopter-like noise, air taxis might be constructed without producing objections from nearby communities, and the buzzing noise pollution caused by airplane propellers could be suppressed.”
For more information and to help this project come to life jump over to the official Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign page.