- Environmental monitoring with uChipPosted 7 days ago
- ARDULEGO KIT: create with Lego and ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- Share & Discover by PCBWayPosted 1 month ago
- ENERGY METER IOTPosted 1 month ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 2 months ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 2 months ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 3 months ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 4 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 4 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 5 months ago
IBM donates machine learning tech to Apache Spark open source community- The Inquirer
IBM HAS DONATED a major piece of software to the open source community.IBM System ML, the machine learning platform developed at the company’s facility in Almaden, is to be contributed to Apache Spark.
System ML is designed to make it easier to express system learning algorithms more quickly and simply.
Apache Spark began life as a research project at University College Berkeley in 2009 and has gone on to be the fastest growing open source project in history.
By integrating IBM System ML to Apache Spark, with Spark acting as a “Tower of Babel” to other independently created systems, analysts will be able to get a more purposeful 360-degree set of data and emerging patterns from multiple sets of raw data.
IBM will be offering Spark as a service as part of its hugely successful fledgling IBM Bluemix open cloud technology, meaning that any app developer will be able to quickly access and harness the System ML tech.