- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 1 week ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
i.MX 8M SOM and i.MX 8M Starter Kit (with Raspberry Pi header)
Emcraft just launched a Linux-driven, i.MX 8M SOM module with onboard wireless plus a sandwich-style starter kit based on it that supplies GbE, HDMI 2.0, USB 3.0, USB Type-C, and RPi 40-pin connections.
The i.MX8M SoC incorporates a Vivante GC7000Lite GPU and VPU, enabling 4K HEVC/H265, H264, and VP9 video decoding with HDR. It also provides a 266MHz Cortex-M4 core for real-time tasks, as well as a security subsystem.
The SOM module supports 512MB to 4GB of DDR3L or LPDDR4, as well as up to 64GB eMMC 5.0 flash. There’s also a PMIC and a WiFi-ac and Bluetooth 4.2 module with dual U.FL connectors. Four 80-pin connectors hook up to the IMX8M-SOM-BSB baseboard on the i.MX 8M SOM Starter Kit.
The i.MX 8M SOM Starter Kit’s IMX8M-SOM-BSB baseboard features GbE, USB Type-C, USB 3.0 host, and micro-USB serial console ports. For media you get an HDMI 2.0 port, dual MIPI-CSI camera interfaces, and an audio I/O jack. A Raspberry Pi compatible 40-pin header is also available.
The IMX8M-SOM-BSB baseboard is further equipped with a 12V jack, reset and multiple push-buttons, dual LEDs, an IR receiver, and a boot selection switch. The board supplies both Arm JTAG and Arm JTAG+ETM debug connectors.