- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 months ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 5 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 8 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 8 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 9 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 9 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 9 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 9 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 9 months ago
FriendlyElec Has Launched the Open Spec Octa-Core 64-bit All-in-One Android System
FriendlyElec (FriendlyArm) has launched an open source touch-panel computer called the Octa-Core 64-bit All-in-One Android System.
The Octa-Core 64-bit AiO is based on FriendlyElec’s Smart6818 compute module, which features an octa-core, Cortex-A53 Samsung S5P6818 dynamically clocked from 400MHz to 1.4GHz.
The 74 x 55mm Smart6818 module ships with 1GB DDR3 and 8GB to 32GB eMMC. A GbE controller, audio codec, and PMU are also onboard. The module expresses interfaces such as HDMI 1.4a, LVDS, RGB, USB, DVP camera, MIPI-CSI, audio, and more via 174 board-to-board pins.
On the Octa-Core 64-bit AiO Android System, the module is matched with a choice of two Smart6818 mainboards: one with WiFi (802.11ac) and dual-mode Bluetooth 4.1 and another that adds a mini-PCIe-based 4G radio and micro-SIM slot. External 4G and WiFi antennas are also available.
The 9-inch capacitive touchscreen has 1280 x 800 resolution. Major coastline connections include a microSD slot, GbE port, USB 2.0 host port, and a data-only micro-USB device port. The device is further equipped with audio in and out headers and a DVP camera connector.
The Octa-Core 64-bit AiO is billed as open source, and like the other kits mentioned above, it ships with schematics. The system sells for $90 with 8GB eMMC or $110 with the optional mini-PCIe-based 4G radio.