- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 3 days ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
u-blox acquired Rigado’s Bluetooth module business to extend his Bluetooth low energy offering
Today we closed the acquisition of Rigado’s Bluetooth module business in an asset purchase agreement. Rigado is a leading provider of Edge-as-a-Service gateway solutions for Commercial IoT, and began offering certified wireless modules in 2015.
As of today we will offer an extended range of products in the area of Bluetooth® low energy, Zigbee and Thread. The combined short range radio offering adds new modules targeting consumer-oriented markets, such as sport and fitness. At the same time, Rigado’s existing customers will benefit from the u-blox Wi-Fi, cellular, and positioning solutions for their IoT applications.
“Rigado’s Bluetooth module business complements our already extensive portfolio and gives us the opportunity to serve more channels and new interesting markets in the area of smart homes, and wearables, as well as fitness,” said Håkan Svegerud, Head Product Strategy Short Range Radio, u‑blox.
The Rigado Bluetooth module portfolio will be re-branded under the u‑blox name and integrated into the short range radio offering. Current Rigado products will remain available through established sales channels, while we offer a seamless transition to also providing them via u-blox channels.