- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 days ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 days ago
- Grand Piano Keys with ArduinoPosted 5 days ago
- Wireless Power TransferPosted 6 days ago
- Robot Punchers with ArduinoPosted 7 days ago
- A minimal 3D-printed scalePosted 1 week ago
- Expanding the pins of a microcontrollerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Let’s create a small level with a matrix displayPosted 2 weeks ago
- ChatGPT: Writing Code with Artificial IntelligencePosted 2 weeks ago
- Free Webinar: Arduino IoT Cloud and ESP32 DemoboardPosted 2 weeks ago
SMARS: Make it Simple and Modular!
SMARS acronym of “Screwless/Screwed Modular Robotic System” is a simple robot designed to the educational field.
This robot is composed by a reduced number of components and it can be mounted without screws and without soldering any part. It doesn’t need glue or similar and it’s really cheap to build.
“Another main point of SMARS is the modular design. You can mount different sensors and tools and design your own parts. In future I’ll add new modules or DLC to improve the model on my Cults 3D page (https://goo.gl/xK9s1V) but It would be nice if you could share your mods too”, the maker says.
To build the basic model you just need these components:
-2x mini 150RPM motors
-1x 9[V] battery (you can find it in a local shop)
-1x 9[V] battery connector
-1x Arduino UNO
-1x Adafruit Motor Shield V1 or V2
or an L298P motor shield
For the screwed version you just need two 25mm M4 screws and two self locking nuts.
Additional product’s information are available here. But now let’s see how it works!