- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 months ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 5 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 8 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 8 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 9 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 9 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 9 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 9 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 9 months ago
Raspberry Pi Zero & LG Nexus 5 supported on Linux 4.9
Maybe most of you were waiting for this news: thanks to the recent Linux4.9 kernel development, there’s official mainline Raspberry Pi Zero support as well as for LG Nexus 5 phone, among other new hardware support.
Here a short overview of the new 29 ARM supported platforms:
– ZTE ZX296718 SoC 64-bit support.
– The Broadcom BCM47189 and BCM53573 are supported as the first ARM SoCs with integrated 802.11ac WiFi networking.
– Renesas r8a7796 (R-Car M3-W) platform support.
– Amlogic meson-gxbb (S905) supports more drivers.
– Nextthing GR8 platform support, making use of the kernel’s Allwinner code as close relatives to the A13/R8 chips.
– The DeviceTree conversion for mach-omap2 is complete, including full support for the Nokia N900.
– The Marvell Armada 8040 development board is supported with its quad-core Cortex-A72 processors and 3 x 10Gbit Ethernet interfaces.
– The Qualcomm DragonBoard 820c 96Boards platform is now supported by the mainline Linux kernel.
– The Rockchip Tronsmart Orion r86 set-top box is now supported as an Android-powered set-top box powered by an 8-core RK3368 SoC.
– THe Qualcomm External Bus Interface 2 (EBI2) is now supported as what’s used by some mobile phones for connecting flash memory, LCD displays, and other peripherals.
– New mainline Allwinner board support includes the Empire Electronix M712 and iNet d978 Rev2 tablets; Orange Pi PC Plus, Orange Pi 2, Orange Pi Plus 2E, Orange Pi Lite, Olimex A33-Olinuxino, and Nano Pi Neo single-board computers.
– New mainline Broadcom board support includes the Broadcom: BCM958525er, BCM958522er, BCM988312hr, BCM958623hr and BCM958622hr reference boards for Northstar platform; Raspberry Pi Zero single-board computer.
– The Netgear WNR854T router is now supported by the mainline kernel.
– The LG Nexus 5 phone is supported by the mainline kernel.