- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 6 days ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
PocketBeagle: the Brand New Raspberry Pi Zero Rival
BeagleBoard.org has revealed its latest development board named PocketBeagle. It’s an ultra-tiny and open source USB-key-fob computer that’s crafted for DIYers, hobbyists, and educators.
Talking about the dimensions, PocketBeagle measures 56x35x5mm. This small size makes it flexible enough for electronic projects like gaming, drones, 3D printing, robotics, etc.
PocketBeagle is based on Octavo Systems OSD3358-SM 21mm x 21mm system-in-package, which gives it 512MB DDR3 RAM, 1-GHz ARM Cortex-A8 CPU, and 2x 200-MHz PRUs. It comes with integrated power/battery management as well.
PocketBeagle comes with 72 expansion pin headers with power and battery I/Os, USB, 8 analog inputs, 44 digital I/Os and digital interface peripherals.
You don’t get onboard WiFi or Ethernet port, but you can plug the board into a PC as a USB key-fold. The board runs Debian GNU/Linux, and it can run any BeagleBone Black software that doesn’t need any unavailable expansion pins.
Outside the SiP module, BeagleBoard.org has added a power-ready micro-USB host/client port and microSD slot, the inclusion of which makes the PocketBeagle more like a Raspberry Pi Zero than the more COM-like Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3.
This development board uses a simple and open source hardware design, thanks to a well-documented processor. The board ships with EAGLE and KiCAD files.
Available for $25, PocketBeagle can be bought here.