- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 3 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 3 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 3 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 3 months ago
Orange Pi is working to steal the throne of Raspberry Pi
For sure there’s still a long way to go, but Orange Pi is working hard to achieve his rival: Raspberry Pi.
Now is time to introduce you the latest board computer: the Orange Pi Prime.
It is almost identical to Raspberry Pi 3 in terms of features, but the Orange Pi Prime has better graphics by using a Mali-450 GPU, which can process 2K video.
The Orange Pi Prime uses Allwinner’s H5 processor, which has four 64-bit Cortex-A53 cores.
Other features on the board include 2GB of RAM, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi b/g/n, three USB ports, and an IR receiver. It also has a Gigabit Ethernet port and other common expansion ports found on developer boards.
It also has an HDMI port to connect displays.
The board supports the Android, Ubuntu, and Debian operating systems. The Aliexpress website says the board will support a Raspberry Pi OS image, which likely means the Linux-based Raspbian OS.
Below you can find the specs:
- Processor — Allwinner H5 (4x Cortex-A53); ARM Mali-450 MP2 GPU
- Memory/storage — 2GB DDR3 SDRAM; 2MB NOR flash; microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- Wireless — 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0; antenna
- Networking — 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet port
- HDMI port (supports audio, HDCP, CEC, 30 function)
- RCA/CVBS/AV output (via 3.5mm audio output)
- 3.5mm audio output
- Mic input
- MIPI-CSI input with 8-bit YUV422 CMOS interface, CCIR656 protocol for NTSC and PAL, SM pixel camera sensor, and capture at up to 1080p@30fps
- Other I/O:
- 3x USB 2.0 host ports
- Micro-USB 2.0 OTG port
- GPIO connector with 3x GPIO lines
- Debug UART header (TTL level)
- IR receiver
- Expansion — 40-pin header compatible with Raspberry Pi
- Other features — upgrade key
- Power — 5V DC jack; power and reset switches
- Operating temperature — -10 to 65℃
- Dimensions — 98 x 60mm
- Weight — 48 g
- Operating systems — Android 4.4, Debian Desktop, Ubuntu Desktop, Arch Server, Raspberry Pi Image; Banana Pi Image