- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 days ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 1 month ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 4 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 5 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 5 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 5 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 5 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 5 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 5 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 5 months ago
Mycroft: the world’s first open source assistant
If you are searching for an open source AI-powered voice assistant, Mycroft got just the thing.
The company has developed the world’s first open source voice AI platform and has attracted developers around the globe and millions of dollars in institutional support. At its core, Mycroft’s award-winning technology is an open source, open hardware product built upon the popular Raspberry Pi, which means anyone can contribute new features, develop modules, change or even redistribute Mycroft software.
As with any open source technology, modifications and additions are delivered back to the community, contributing to a never-ending ecosphere of technological advancement. While Mycroft is primarily focused on software, it does also have its own devices including the Mark I and Mark II, which rival other countertop devices.
The Mycroft business model is two-pronged, providing a private model alternative to Siri, Cortana, Alexa and Assistant for consumers, and another for enterprise needs. The technology is already in use in tens of thousands of applications worldwide.
While it may seem on the surface that an upstart can’t possibly compete with the manpower and financial resources of a tech behemoth like Amazon or Google, by leveraging an open source dynamic, the company benefits from a boundless amount of innovative developers, programmers and even hackers across the globe working to constantly tear apart and improve the functionality of Mycroft’s platform.