- Building a 3D Digital Clock with ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a controller for Minecraft with realistic body movements using ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Snowflake with ArduinoPosted 3 months ago
- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 3 months ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 months ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 4 months ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 4 months ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 5 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 5 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 5 months ago
Mycroft: the world’s first open source assistant
If you are searching for an open source AI-powered voice assistant, Mycroft got just the thing.
The company has developed the world’s first open source voice AI platform and has attracted developers around the globe and millions of dollars in institutional support. At its core, Mycroft’s award-winning technology is an open source, open hardware product built upon the popular Raspberry Pi, which means anyone can contribute new features, develop modules, change or even redistribute Mycroft software.
As with any open source technology, modifications and additions are delivered back to the community, contributing to a never-ending ecosphere of technological advancement. While Mycroft is primarily focused on software, it does also have its own devices including the Mark I and Mark II, which rival other countertop devices.
The Mycroft business model is two-pronged, providing a private model alternative to Siri, Cortana, Alexa and Assistant for consumers, and another for enterprise needs. The technology is already in use in tens of thousands of applications worldwide.
While it may seem on the surface that an upstart can’t possibly compete with the manpower and financial resources of a tech behemoth like Amazon or Google, by leveraging an open source dynamic, the company benefits from a boundless amount of innovative developers, programmers and even hackers across the globe working to constantly tear apart and improve the functionality of Mycroft’s platform.