- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 7 days ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 4 weeks ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 4 weeks ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 4 weeks ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 1 month ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 1 month ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 1 month ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 1 month ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 1 month ago
- PRO MIDI 1284P developer’s boardPosted 2 months ago
Maximo Robot Arm – your educational robotic arm!
The Maximo Robot Arm is the greatest way to discover robotics. Accessible, fun and affordable, Maximo is designed for everyone.
Maximo is our second generation of robotic arms. Three years ago, we created MandleBot, a 5-axis aluminum robotic arm currently being used in schools, robotics clubs, summer camps and even factories. We have enjoyed sharing our passion for robotics with a lot of people and it has inspired us to now do it on a larger scale.
My team and I wanted to create a robotics experience that would be available to anyone interested in this hot and futuristic subject, whether just starting out or already quite experienced. Our goal has been to create a robot that meets our exacting quality standards while remaining affordable.
Maximo Robot Arm comes with a laser-cut acrylic body. It was designed to offer the highest quality while remaining one of the most affordable robotic arms on the market. Its 5-axis range of motion allows for movements similar to assembly line robots.
The kit includes: a black and clear acrylic body with a set of screws, nuts and standoffs, six high torque servomotors, a bearing base, Arduino with Servo Shield, wiring, USB cable and a power supply. You also get the standard gripper head module, a Robotic Studio license and the Assembly Manual.
There are different “heads” available, for different purposes:
The Standard gripper head module is the head included with every Maximo kit. It works like a pair of pliers, with the jaws opening and closing to grab all kinds of objects.
The Advanced gripper head module is more sophisticated than the standard claw and allows Maximo to grab objects by applying balanced pressure to the object. Very useful for grabbing small and rounded objects.
The Palletizer head module is a miniature reproduction of the ones used in factories and warehouses. A must-have to raise small wood pallets and other stuff.
The Pen-holder head module allows you to put various objects on Maximo’s head. You can use Maximo to draw, paint and even play music!
More info and details on the official Kickstarter page!