- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 6 days ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 2 months ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 3 months ago
MakingSociety recaps on Open Source Hardware Business Models
Mathilde at Making Society offers a great recap on open hardware business models here in this post.
Is really worth a read as it also builds on top of recently presented works at the Open Hardware Summit in Rome.
A major question for open source hardware is about its business models. How can you create a sustainable business out of a hardware product that is non-patented and that anyone can reproduce and sell?
This article is here to give you revenue streams ideas for your open source hardware business and a tool to define your own business model.
SparkFun, Adafruit, Arduino, Olimex, DIY Drones, LulzBot, Pinoccio… Successful open hardware companies are showing the way.