- Environmental monitoring with uChipPosted 20 hours ago
- ARDULEGO KIT: create with Lego and ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- Share & Discover by PCBWayPosted 4 weeks ago
- ENERGY METER IOTPosted 4 weeks ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 1 month ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 2 months ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 2 months ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 4 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 4 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 4 months ago
Hadoop Big Data Suite Goes Open Source a $40M Gift from Pivotal
Pivotal is releasing its data lake architecture components, including Greenplum DB, GemFire and HAWQ, to the open source community:
“Last spring, Pivotal unveiled its Pivotal Big Data Suite, a subscription-based software, support and maintenance package that bundled its big data components into a single, simple licensing structure. The Big Data Suite was responsible for $40 million of the $100 million in total business Pivotal did in 2014. Today, the company took the unprecedented step of open sourcing all those components”
Pivotal also announced a number of new application services for Big Data Suite, including the following:
- Pivotal Big Data Suite on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. This service leverages advanced data services using applications running in the open cloud platform as a service.
- Spring XD. This service is a highly scalable open source distributed framework for data ingestion, batch processing and analytic pipeline management.
- Redis. This service is a scalable open source key-value store and data structure server.
- RabbitMQ. This service is a scalable open source reliable message queue for applications.