- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 days ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 days ago
- Grand Piano Keys with ArduinoPosted 5 days ago
- Wireless Power TransferPosted 6 days ago
- Robot Punchers with ArduinoPosted 7 days ago
- A minimal 3D-printed scalePosted 1 week ago
- Expanding the pins of a microcontrollerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Let’s create a small level with a matrix displayPosted 2 weeks ago
- ChatGPT: Writing Code with Artificial IntelligencePosted 2 weeks ago
- Free Webinar: Arduino IoT Cloud and ESP32 DemoboardPosted 2 weeks ago
Hadoop Big Data Suite Goes Open Source a $40M Gift from Pivotal
Pivotal is releasing its data lake architecture components, including Greenplum DB, GemFire and HAWQ, to the open source community:
“Last spring, Pivotal unveiled its Pivotal Big Data Suite, a subscription-based software, support and maintenance package that bundled its big data components into a single, simple licensing structure. The Big Data Suite was responsible for $40 million of the $100 million in total business Pivotal did in 2014. Today, the company took the unprecedented step of open sourcing all those components”
Pivotal also announced a number of new application services for Big Data Suite, including the following:
- Pivotal Big Data Suite on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. This service leverages advanced data services using applications running in the open cloud platform as a service.
- Spring XD. This service is a highly scalable open source distributed framework for data ingestion, batch processing and analytic pipeline management.
- Redis. This service is a scalable open source key-value store and data structure server.
- RabbitMQ. This service is a scalable open source reliable message queue for applications.