- Make your curtains smartPosted 1 day ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 4 days ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 5 days ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 6 days ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 1 week ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 1 week ago
- Grand Piano Keys with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wireless Power TransferPosted 2 weeks ago
- Robot Punchers with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- A minimal 3D-printed scalePosted 2 weeks ago
Chatterbox Pi, the Alexa Development Board Designed for the Rpi Compute Module
Gumstix has developed a variation on its recently announced Chatterbox for the Colibri iMX7 that is instead powered by a Raspberry Pi Compute Module. The board has been designed in Geppetto and it’s fully customizable online. The Linux-powered audio board is is a feature rich development platform for AVS skills (Amazon Alexa Voice Service). Exciting features, such as 15-pin CSI 2 camera connector, RGB LED, WiFi, and Bluetooth, as well as a 20-pin GPIO header make the Chatterbox Pi an ideal home assistant development board.
The $116 RPi Compute Module version is designed for creating wake-word or push/hold button activated AVS voice services on devices including smart speakers, smart home and IoT devices, router and gateway devices, sound bars, and set-top boxes. The board complies with Amazon’s AVS Functional Design Guide, and ships with a pre-loaded Linux image.
The Chatterbox Pi come ready to use for prototyping or designers can easily copy and modify the board design in Geppetto® D2O to create their own custom Raspberry Pi Compute Module AVS or IoT design in a few minutes.
It appears you can use the new board with either the original Raspberry Pi Compute Module or the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 (CM3).
Features are listed below:
- Micro B USB Plug
- SODIMM Connector
- FCI 15 pin FPC connector
- Connector (Power Jack Medium)
- USB Standard A Jack
- Single Channel 2.5 W Audio Amplifier
- FTDI FT232RQ USB UART Interface
- Stereo Audio Codec
- TI WiLink8 WL1831