- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 3 days ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 1 week ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 4 weeks ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 1 month ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 1 month ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 1 month ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 1 month ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 1 month ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 1 month ago
Building your Science Lab with Open Source
Most experimental research projects are executed with a combination of purchased hardware equipment, which may be modified in the laboratory and custom single-built equipment fabricated inhouse. However, the computer software that helps design and execute experiments and analyze data has an additional source: It can also be free and open-source software (FOSS).
… the open-source paradigm is now enabling creation of open-source scientific hardware by combining 3D printing with open-source microcontrollers running on FOSS. These developments are illustrated below by several examples of equipment fabrication that can better meet particular specifications at substantially lower overall costs.