- Sezme: a Memory Game for the ArduinoPosted 3 days ago
- Virtual arduino experimentPosted 4 days ago
- Tilt to TellPosted 6 days ago
- Nextion 3.5″ TFT LCD Digital Compass for ArduinoPosted 7 days ago
- An Autonomous RoverPosted 1 week ago
- Smart Air Cooler with ESP8266Posted 1 week ago
- Nano33BLESensor: Getting Started with the Nano 33 BLE SensePosted 1 week ago
- Interfacing Ultrasonic Ranging Module HC-SR04 With ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- Make a Music Reactive RBG Light Box/ #smartcreativityPosted 2 weeks ago
- 555 Timer to Emit Signal to Interrupt Atmega328Posted 2 weeks ago
BitBarista, the Autonomous Pi-Powered Bitcoin Barista
BitBarista is an autonomous coffee machine, designed to function with the minimum of human supervision. Physically, it is a Delonghi home coffee machine under the control of a Raspberry Pi.
Built by a team at the University of Edinburgh’s Centre for Design Informatics, the BitBarista coffee machine accepts Bitcoin for the coffee. Further, it can pay out Bitcoin to people for performing maintenance tasks to keep it running…as refill coffee or cleaning it.
The attached Pi enhances the machine in various ways, allowing it to read signals from coffee machines sensors, controls its functions, and connect to the Internet. It is also fitted with a small camera to read smart codes, so it can make Bitcoin payments directly to customers’ Bitcoin wallets.
“The idea is that BitBarista becomes semi-autonomous, trading with customers to take care of its own maintenance requirements” the Centre for Design Informatics, of the University of Edinburgh, said.
You can find everything you need at the related Github Page.