- 3DRAG + MOTORFISH: How to prevent step losses in 3D printerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Motorfish: The stepper does not misses a step (the Firmware)Posted 2 weeks ago
- Motorfish: The stepper does not misses a stepPosted 3 weeks ago
- “Maker Faire Rome – The European edition” returns to the Gazometro OstiensePosted 2 months ago
- Single-chip saturation meterPosted 3 months ago
- Raspberry Pi Relay BoardPosted 5 months ago
- PCB CAD, A SELECTION GUIDEPosted 5 months ago
- Automatic dispenser for catsPosted 5 months ago
- Do you have a mask? RASPBERRY Pi SEES ITPosted 6 months ago
- RFID based Attendance system using Arduino and External EEPROMPosted 6 months ago
Barilla 3D Printed Pasta: less than 2 minutes for a nice dish!
On December, 2014 Barilla launched a contest to get ideas about new 3d-printed pasta:
More than 530 international product designers from more than 20 countries took up the challenge, producing 216 design concepts to be evaluated by a team of experts tasked with assessing the originality of the products.The winners each received a cash prize of €800, and they were:
Rosa Pasta from Loris Tupin, a French industrial designer from Maxilly sur Léman, is a ‘bio-dynamic’ 3D model that ‘blooms’ to turn into a rose when placed in boiling water.
Vortipa by Danilo Spiga and Luis Fraguarda, a product design team from Cagliari, Italy. Their pasta was based on the vortex pattern progression system and it looks a bit like a Christmas tree.
Lune, by Alessandro Carabini, an Italian product designer who works in collaborative Studio Abaco in Paris, France, submitted a full moon with craters, and he says it will “improve the interaction between pasta and sauces.”
At that time, it took more than 20 min to have a dish printed. Nowadays, thanks to a partnership with TNO Eindhoven, Barilla is close to print 20 pieces of pasta every 2 minutes, so they are near to pasta on-demand printing!
In a close future, we will have our pasta printer at home, purchasing pasta cartridges and the 3D design of a new “spaghetti” from Barilla…