- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 months ago
An OpenSource powered Bitcoin ATM thanks to openPicus Flyport
Our friends at Openpicus just powered a super fast hack to create an Open Source Hardware powered ATM for Bitcoin! First in Italy.
How it works?
A banknote reader engine had to be interfaced to Flyport. The problem was that no documentation was provided so we spent 4 hours sniffing the protocol. At the end it was a serial protocol (CCTalk).
Then Flyport had to send data through HTTP to a remote server that converts the Euro value into Bitcoin at the current exchange rate. This was made in 5 minutes thanks to our new Http Library.