- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
CanLite: the board to hack the car’s Can Bus network
Voltlog is hacking his car console through the CAN bus. According to the author, for his projects, the available CAN bus interface cards are somewhat lacking. So he designed his own wireless CAN bus hacking and development module called ESP32 CanLite.
The project is published as open source and the files can be extracted from its GitHub repository. The board is powered by the car’s + 12V power supply, so it uses a wide input range switching regulator (4 to 40V). As previously said, the heart of everything is an ESP32 that interfaces to the chip that converts the CAN-BUS communication into a TTL, but it is possible to use special modules by adapting the circuit and the code.