- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 46 mins ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 days ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 days ago
- Grand Piano Keys with ArduinoPosted 5 days ago
- Wireless Power TransferPosted 6 days ago
- Robot Punchers with ArduinoPosted 1 week ago
- A minimal 3D-printed scalePosted 1 week ago
- Expanding the pins of a microcontrollerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Let’s create a small level with a matrix displayPosted 2 weeks ago
- ChatGPT: Writing Code with Artificial IntelligencePosted 2 weeks ago
CanLite: the board to hack the car’s Can Bus network
Voltlog is hacking his car console through the CAN bus. According to the author, for his projects, the available CAN bus interface cards are somewhat lacking. So he designed his own wireless CAN bus hacking and development module called ESP32 CanLite.
The project is published as open source and the files can be extracted from its GitHub repository. The board is powered by the car’s + 12V power supply, so it uses a wide input range switching regulator (4 to 40V). As previously said, the heart of everything is an ESP32 that interfaces to the chip that converts the CAN-BUS communication into a TTL, but it is possible to use special modules by adapting the circuit and the code.