- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 1 week ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 months ago
A new, strong Rasberry Pi competitor: dual core and powerVr for $65!
A new competitor for Rasberry Pi, based on Debian but capable of hosting natively Android 4.4 KitKat is coming. Released last December, is now on sale at 50 pounds.
Here’s the description on the official website:
Creator CI20 is a high performance, fully featured development board for Linux and Android.
Imagination has developed the Creator CI20 board to help developers create applications for fast-growing markets such as IoT, wearables, mobile and gaming.
The first of a family of boards, Creator CI20 includes two essential ultra-low power technologies from Imagination: a dual-core MIPS32 CPU (central processing unit) and a PowerVR SGX540 GPU (graphics processor).
We want to use boards like Creator CI20 to stimulate the developer, maker and student communities and also see this as a valuable contribution to the open source community. Creator is great for enabling crowd funded-type, start-ups and entrepreneurial projects and we have already seen some fantastic ideas from the many hundreds of developers we sent the first batch of boards to at no cost.
We also promote this type of entrepreneurial work through our membership of the prpl foundation, an open-source, community-driven group. Prpl represents leaders in the technology industry investing in innovation, efficiency, portability and compatibility for the good of a broad community of developers, businesses and consumers.
Major hardware features include, for 50 pounds / $65:
- Ingenic JZ4780 (1.2GHz MIPS32 dual-core CPU, PowerVR SGX540 GPU)
- IEEE 754-compliant Floating Point Unit
- 8 GB of flash memory, 1 GB SDRAM (DDR3)
- Multi-standard video playback (up to 1080p at 30fps)
- AC97 audio, via 4-pin I/O jack and HDMI connector
- Camera interface: ITU-R BT.645 controller
- Connectivity: 10/100 Mbit/s Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- HDMI output (up to 2K resolution)
- 2 x USB – host and OTG device
Tons of other specs and software at Creator CI20 | Imagination Community.