- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 months ago
3D Printed Pasta, a new contest by Barilla and Desall
SMART PASTA – 3D shapes with a purpose
New food design contest on Desall.com: Barilla and Desall together for the creation of new pasta shapes with a fresh design and unprecedented potential, to be realised through the innovative pasta 3D printer, presented at CIBUS 2016.
For more info: http://bit.ly/SMARTPASTA
Barilla, always attentive to innovation and technological development, is looking for new pasta shapes specifically designed for the innovative 3D printer for pasta, first announced at Expo 2015 and presented to the public at CIBUS 2016. Barilla, which is about to celebrate the 140° year of activity, now relies on the community of designers and creatives of Desall to explore the huge potential made possible through this new production technology, conveying into an innovative shape the values and the care for tradition that have always characterised the Barilla brand.
The 3D printer employs a material deposition technology, very similar to FFF technique ( Fused Filament Fabrication ) employed in various settings. The printer by Barilla allows the deposition, layer by layer, of a fresh dough (prepared with Durum Wheat Semolina and water, but possibly also with other ingredients), through a nozzle that moves along the X, Y and Z axes. For further insight into the technology, please refer to the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz6D1FXwuvA
Submission phase: 1st December 2016 – 1st March 2017
Winner announcement: approximately by 1st May 2017
Eligibility and submission
Participation is free of charge and open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older. Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “SMART PASTA” will be accepted.
The selection of the winner by Barilla will be the result of an unquestionable evaluation and it will take into account originality, feasibility and consistency with the brief.