- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 months ago
Rolling Material Monitoring based on the Simatic IOT2020
This project recently won the Hackster community design contest based on the SIMATIC IOT2020 industrial IoT gateway.
The contest was aimed at engineers, makers and students and challenged them to come up with innovative applications and solutions based on the open and highly flexible IoT gateway, which is manufactured by Siemens.
This monitoring system can sit inside a bulldozer and collect data from the vehicle. Using a commercial narrowband network, SigFox in this particular project, the design can monitor operation of the machine and send diagnostic data to users, potentially enabling preventive maintenance on machines being used at construction sites.
Project’s features are:
- Receive email diagnostics of in-the-field rolling material
- Alerts when attention is needed
- Reception in forests
- Trace back stolen vehicle, rough position on internet map (accross continents), fine position via beacon
- Industrial grade, Secure IoT design
- Configurable hardware – digital I/O routed through FPGA
- Reusable C++ libraries and code snippets
- Roll-my-own Linux image with cron and sudo support.
- Integrated with Amazon Web Sevices (AWS)
Jump on Hackster’s page to find out more about this project.