- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 3 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 3 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 4 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 4 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 4 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 4 months ago
Open Source 5 Watt Phone Charger SOLARPAD campaigning
This Solarpad solar phone charger project is pretty amazing and it’s open source!
A fully charged Power Core will recharge a dead iPhone from 0% to 100% in 3 hours even after being unused for a month! Our competitors may have a power level indicator, but for this size solar charger, power level indicators are inaccurate and not very useful. Other similar sized solar chargers can only charge a Smart Phone from 0% to 70% and take over 4 hours to recharge, so what good is a power level indicator if it won’t charge your phone from 0% to 100% at any level? Power Core’s Green LED lights up when charging and turns off when fully charged. Much larger smart phones, like the Samsung Galaxy S4, have a battery that’s twice the size of an iPhone battery, but a fully charged Power Core can still provide a Galaxy S4 a 0% to 70% charge.
Why Open Source Hardware?
The solar USB charging market has become saturated with low-quality and poor performing products and every year the big companies are selling the same products with very little improvement. Therefore, Solarcycle has developed its open source solar USB charger to empower customers with the ability to build their own solar USB chargers and to prove that a better solar charger that outperforms anything else on the market is possible.