- Building a 3D Digital Clock with ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a controller for Minecraft with realistic body movements using ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Snowflake with ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 3 months ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 months ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 4 months ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 4 months ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 5 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 5 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 5 months ago
Open BioMedical Initiative, low cost BioMed technology for all
A good initiative, made of people willing to help people to have the right medical treatments and devices anyone needs. With the advent of open source hardware, 3d printing, development communities now it is possible to make prosthetic devices and medical devices at a fraction of the price generally asked by Big Pharma’s.
For whom will be in Italy, Naples on April 11th, there will be the first event dedicated to this project hosted at “La Città della Scienza”.
The community is very young, if you agree with what they say, join them:
The Open BioMedical Initiative is a newly established global community with the purpose of creating and promoting Low-Cost, Open Source, 3D Printable BioMedical Technologies. It is supported by the Open BioMedical Organization, the official association of the Open BioMedical Initiative.
Our team is composed of engineers, doctors, biotechnologists, makers, enthusiasts, curious people. We are never enough, however, and anyone can be the strength for this new project. We are constantly looking for enthusiastic people willing to contribute, regardless of education, occupation, place of residence, personal interests. Anyone is able to make a difference.
If you need more detailed information on how we are doing this click here and if you want contribute or simply want to send us a feedback click here.