- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 6 days ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
Microsoft open sourced Visual Studio Code Extension for Arduino
Microsoft, which has the biggest contributor community on GitHub, has launched the MIT-licensed code across the open source platform to enable developers to leverage Arduino hardware specifically for IoT projects and applications.
Zhidi Shang – R&D and Product Development, Cloud, Big Data, IoT, Mobile and Open Source at Microsoft – noted that in the MCU domain, there are millions of Arduino developers looking for advanced features to make development easier.
“Keeping open source and open platform in mind, we started the work to add an extension on Visual Studio Code, the cross-platform, open sourced advanced code editor, for Arduino application development,” he said.
The Microsoft Developer blog post further explained that the design builds on the official Arduino IDE, meaning that the extension is almost entirely compatible and consistent with Arduino IDE.
Microsoft is now encouraging developers to participate in the open source project and suggests numerous ways to get involved including filing bugs, submitting feature requests and sending pull requests.
Here is a list of the core functionalities:
• IntelliSense and syntax highlighting for Arduino sketches
• Verify and upload your sketches in Visual Studio Code
• Built-in board and library manager
• Built-in example list
• Built-in serial monitor
• Snippets for sketches
• Automatic Arduino project scaffolding
• Command Palette (F1) integration of frequently used commands (e.g. Verify, Upload…)
• Integrated Arduino Debugging New