- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 2 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 3 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 3 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 3 months ago
Linaro Launched Two 96Boards SOM Specifications: The Compute Module and the Wireless
Linaro, the Arm-backed open source collaborative engineering organization, has announced the publication of version 1.0 of 96Boards System-on-Module (SOM) specifications. 96Boards is Linaro’s initiative to build a single software and hardware community across low-cost development boards based on Arm technology.
- The Compute Module Specification defines a SOM with generic module-to-carrier board interface, independent of the specific SoC choice on the module. The Compute module addresses the application requirements of segments including industrial automation, smart devices, gateway systems, automotive, medical, robotics and retail POS systems.
- The Wireless Specification designs a SOM for interchangeable wireless module applications, supporting standard and/or proprietary wireless standards such as 802.15.4, BLE, WiFi, LoRa, NB-IoT, LTE-M etc. The specification is designed to enable evolution that will support multiple products and future wireless standards.
Both specifications encourage the development of reliable and cost-effective embedded platforms for building end-products. The goal of new 96Boards SOM specifications is to enable plug and play compatibility between a whole range of different SOM solutions.
Linaro is also launching two 96Boards Compute SOM designs:
- TB-96AI: it features the latest high-performance AI processing chip RK3399Pro and integrates an AI Neural Network Processor NPU.
- TB-96AIoT: it is equipped with the RK1808 AIoT chip with ultra-low power consumption and provides rich interfaces and strong scalability
They are also providing a 96Boards SOM Carrier Board that is designed to suit different markets and demonstrates how easy it is to support multiple different SOMs. It’s compatible with both the TB-96AI and TB-96AIoT.