- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 days ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 1 month ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 5 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 5 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 5 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 5 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 5 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 5 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 6 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 6 months ago
In this project we will see how to make an anemometer (instrument for measuring wind speed and direction) using an Arduino Uno R3, two VL6180X laser distance modules and a section of tube made of plastic or similar materials.
We will also use Processing3 to display wind speed and direction, the latter being independent of tube size, while wind speed sensitivity depends on size and amount of damping applied.
Let’s see on a theoretical level how the sistem works. The cross section of the tube is a circle; the points where the two laser beams touch the inside of a tube define the end points of a chord on this circle; the length of this string varies when the tube is inclined and therefore knowing the radius of the tube it is possible to calculate the X and Y displacement through which the speed and direction of the wind can be calculated.