- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 weeks ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 1 month ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 1 month ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 1 month ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 1 month ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 1 month ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 1 month ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 1 month ago
IOT-GATE-RPi: CompuLab’s mini-PC/gateway builds on the RPi CM3
CompuLab has added another Linux-friendly member to its IOT-GATE family of ultra-compact mini-PCs: the new IOT-GATE-RPi with Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3, a COM version of the Raspberry Pi 3.
The IOT-GATE-RPi features dual 10/100 Ethernet ports, 4x USB 2.0 host ports, an audio out jack, and an HDMI 1.3 port with audio support and up to HD resolution. The system is further equipped with an ultra-mini RS232 port.
The fanless, 450-gram IOT-GATE-RPi is available in 0 to 60°C, -20 to 60°C, and -40 to 80°C temperature ranges. Its rugged metal housing is claimed to offer unspecified levels of shock, vibration, and dust resistance.
It provides a wide 10-36V input range, DC-plug locking, and optional DIN-rail, wall, and VESA mounting support. There’s also an RTC with back-up battery, as well as hardware protection against unauthorized boot from external storage.
The specifications of the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 are the same as on the Raspberry Pi 3 — plus 1GB LPDDR2 RAM.
A 40-pin Raspberry Pi expansion connector that supports RPi HAT add-ons is available on the lower side of the RPi CM3 carrier board. You can populate this connector with the optional EB-RPI-FCSD HAT board that offers RS485 and CAN ports, both of which have RJ11 connectors. This HAT board would also appear to include the optional 6x 5V tolerant DIO feature, which is said to be FCSD-HAT based.
The carrier board also provides a USB-only mini-PCIe expansion connector for non-PCIe expansion options such as a WiFi/Bluetooth 4.1 (Broadcom BCM43438) module, as well as 3G and 4G/LTE radios based on Simcom SIM5360 and SIM7100 modules, respectively. A micro-SIM card slot is also available.
The IOT-GATE-RPi offers full compatibility with Raspberry Pi software, and runs standard Raspberry Pi OS images, says CompuLab. Supported OSes include Debian, Ubuntu Core, and Windows 10 IoT Core. The system also supports IoT frameworks like Microsoft Azure IoT and AWS Greengrass.
Visit CompuLab’s announcement page for further information.