- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 months ago
Help build Nikola Tesla Museum with The Oatmeal
A couple of years ago, The Oatmeal launched an indiegogo campaing to buy the property of Nikola Tesla’s former laboratory, in New York. The campaign was successful as it raised $1.37M. With a combined grant from NY State for an additional $850K, this money was used to make a bid on the property, and the lab was saved, now it’s time to build a Museum entitled to possibly one of the greatest genius of electromagnetism.
Thanks to the 33,000+ wonderful backers who supported the cause, the non-profit behind this project now owns the property of Nikola Tesla’s former laboratory at Wardenclyffe.
This initial round was enough to buy a laboratory, but not enough to actually BUILD a museum. So, earlier this year I wrote a cartoonist’s review of my Tesla Model S, wherein I asked Elon Musk to donate the remaining amount needed to restore Tesla’s lab.
Buy a brick!